Monday, June 23, 2008

More Than Just a List

Jeff VanderMeer has posted My Favorite Fantasists in the Short Story Form over at Ecstatic Days. He begins his post thus:

In thinking about reading for Best American Fantasy, two things really stood out for me: (1) the Tin House: Fantastic Women volume was the most spectacular single issue I read, holding up and in fact becoming more luminous and deep with each re-read and (2) most of the short fiction I’ve read recently that I’ve been most passionate about has come from female writers.


Not only does his list include several Aqueductians, but it also offers pithy characterizations of their work (which impresses the hell out of me). I concur, by the way: I found that issue of Tin House is occasionally provocative and often delightful.

No comments: