Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Arisia and the Carl Brandon Society Awards





While I was away in La Push, several Aqueductistas were attending Arisia and the Carl Brandon Society awards ceremony held at Arisia. Although I can't offer a report of a con that I didn't attend, I do have some pictures, sent to me by Andrea Hairston and Vandana Singh, taken by Andrea's partner Pan Morrigan and Vandana's daughter, respectively. At once, looking at the pictures of Andrea, I was thrilled to recognize her style as right out of Redwood and Wildfire.




5 comments:

Josh said...

Two of the other people pictured are Cecilia Tan and Tananarive Due. Can't figure out the identities of the remaining two.

Timmi Duchamp said...

The people in the pix are: Vandana Singh, Andrea Hairston, Cecilia Tan, Tanarieve Due, Victor Raymond, and Nisi Shawl. (The last two are prominent members of the Carl Brandon Society.)

Josh said...

I went downtown and got tested for bifocals yesterday, so I'm sure I'll be better able to recognize Nisi starting next week.

Timmi Duchamp said...

My condolences. Adjusting to & accepting the fact that reading was never again going to be as effortless as it had previously been was amazingly hard for me. Though perhaps with bifocals it won't be so bad (as with contacts plus reading glasses). The middle distance (which means the desktop computer screen) is the real killer, though.

Josh said...

Actually, my plan is to keep going without glasses altogether at the desktop computer and just hit "command+" until I can see what's on the screen.